Hi Gerd,

IMO it should goes like that:
- Each duplication of a road should duplicate restrictions.
- Any modification of access flags for original or duplicated roads should be performed accordingly on restrictions. - Redundant restrictions should be removed, this can happen because of changes in access flags or when restriction goes wrong-way.

> Assume that a via way of an only_left restriction has
> also an opposite cycleway. Should mkgmap create
> all possible combinations of restrictions to make sure that
> also bicycles are only routed left ?

I don't understand this problem. If OSM restriction "only_left_turn" include bicycle, then you should create Garmin restrictions to route bicycles too.

I see your next post, will processing of restriction:bicycle solve this question?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej