Hi Gerd,

I plan to document in a few sentence, what you should do, if you are having overlapping polys. This could be integrated in mkgmap-guide. But I don't know til then I can finish it, because next weekend I'm starting a short biketrip (just a week) and I wont have time before.

Best situation would be: Insert warning now and if next time something changes in splitter, which needs some tweaking in this section, remove it.

Henning

Am 16.05.2014 08:25, schrieb Gerd Petermann:
Hi all,

> Other things could be done:
>
> As you mainly had written the overlapping-code for me, I think it can
> be removed. The new method is so much better, that I would highly
> recommend not to use the older one.

The code for this is not big (maybe 200 lines), but in the past
it often caused trouble when new features were implemented,
and it is difficult to test, so I'd appreciate to remove the support
for overlapping tiles in a given split-file.

Is it okay to remove the support and print something like
"Error: Support for overlapping tiles in split-files was removed in version r36x."
or should splitter print a warning to stderr like
"Warning : Support for overlapping tiles will be removed in future releases"
for a while ?

Gerd