On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30:30AM +0000, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
On 16/12/14 23:09, Andrzej Popowski wrote:
I guess this is offset greater than 127 coded on byte. I hope Garmin
treat offset as unsigned byte, so you could support values up to 255.
And maybe limit "end" value in addStreet function, unless size of label
is already limited.

You really have names over 127 characters in length?  I will add checks
assuming that 255 is the max.  Could you see if it works or if
we have to limit to 127.

127 bytes in UTF-8 can be significantly less than 127 characters (31 characters if all characters use 4 bytes). Maybe CJK names are not typically using that many characters. But perhaps Arabic or Hebrew or Indian exclusively uses 3-byte characters? In that case, 127 bytes would be only 42 characters, which is not impossibly long.

I am under the impression that European scripts use at most 2 bytes per character in UTF-8. 63 characters would seem more than long enough for my Finnish taste. And Finnish uses close to 1 UTF-8 byte per character in the average. :)

        Marko