Hi Gerd,

> I don't want to see the ref when I am searching for an address.
> If possible, I want to see it and be able to search for it
> when searching for a road.

When creating search index, shield could be separated from street name and both elements added to search index independently.

> It should also appear when the map is rendered.

This could be difficult. For a label consisting of a shield and a name, Mapsource shows road shield on map and street name under the cursor. But this doesn't work in nuvis, see the picture that I have attached to earlier post.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej