On Fri, May 15, Paco Tyson wrote:

> This is the license and copyright text :

Your format is wrong. A newline defines a new license, not
a new line. GARMIN Software and devices will sort the different
licenses and remove duplicates before displaying them.

> Independently of the exposed results above, I have a few questions and
> remarks :
> - Despite providing a lower case copyright text, the result text is in upper
> case. Is it done by mkgmap ? Is it a Garmin format limitation ?

It's done by the Software/Device displaying this.

> - In the default license/copyright text, one can read "Program released under
> the GPL" and "PROGRAM LICENCED UNDER GPL V2". I assume it's the mkgmap
> license, instead I'd expect here the license of the produced Garmin map.

The default license cannot show the license of your map, the mkgmap
devlopers don't know them.

  Thorsten
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284
(AG Nürnberg)