Hi Gerd, hi Bernd
it works because the default style does not name the outer segments (intentionally?). My style treated exits pretty much the same way, with one addition:

highway=motorway_link & mkgmap:label:1!=* { set mkgmap:label:1 = 'Exit' }

Deleting this line and so not naming the outer segments did the trick. As far as I can tell, line type does not make any difference.

Micha