Hi Ticker

> The process for converting files like {svn}/doc/typ-compiler.txt to
> mkgmap-rNNNN.zip:doc/typ-compiler.txt are failing.
>
> For a while the resultant typ-compiler.txt has been chopped off after
> 8193 bytes. tuning.txt is zero bytes.

I'm looking into that failure. Running the commands locally gives me a typ-compiler.txt of size 15402 which looks correct, and tuning.txt is ok too.

> Also, what are the tools used to build the .txt and html versions of
> these files.

The documentation is created by running the script:

        scripts/download/mkdoc

To successfully run the script you first need to install asciidoc (https://asciidoc.org/) and fop (https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/).

The following python packages are also required:

        mwtext mkgmap-pygments pygments-xslfo-formatter

In case it matters the actual versions in use are:

fop 1.1: http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/rsync.apache.org/xmlgraphics/fop/binaries/fop-1.1-bin.tar.gz

        asciidoc is https://asciidoc.googlecode.com/hg/#7c0bc8eacba9 but that
        url no longer exists.

Steve