Hi all,

see https://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=splitter&rev=643
I've merged the branch now although the branch version sometimes produces
slightly worse results compared to r642.

As Felix pointed out one general problem with splitter is that the results for
some countries or continents are not very stable. This also depends on the
usage of polygons and the complexity of those polygons as well as the
--precomp-sea option.

I invested a lot of time this year to find better algorithms for the solver but
without much success. So, I hope the changes don't cause any serious problems.
If splitter fails to find a (good) split please report the used options and
post a link to the file densities-out.txt.

Gerd