>
> *The only problems that I found were the near absense of info for the
> passwords, also although there is mention of lilo, and Grub, the latter was
> not found. So when I installed it I couldn't chose between windowze, or
> vector. So I might some help there.....*.
>

I am not familiar with Vector, but as someone mentioned, it is based on
Slackware, which unlike what some people believe is also for newbies - if
they are inquisitive enough.

You probably have lilo instead of grub, and it can also chainload window:.

# liloconfig
# lilo -v

If you really need grub, then download it from Slack's extra repo:

# wget
http://darkstar.ist.utl.pt/slackware/slackware-current/extra/grub/grub-0.97-i486-9.txzand
install it:

and install it:

# installpkg

Notes:

1. That would be grub legacy and lacks ext4 file system support. Anyway it
is a mature application and very reliable.

2. It would still lack the grub configuration file. You may run:

# grubconfig

to create your /boot/grub/menu.lst

3. You may wish to use grub2,  but be warned that it is a messy solution.
You will need to install it from
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/system/grub2/ and it would need a
lot of patience to make it work as the configurations are "automagically"
created via scripts (akin to sendmail) that are not compatible with
Slackware. However I can help you as I managed to make it work here.
Hopefully one day I will compile a wiki, but that would need a lot of work.

So you will need to edit the scripts in /etc/grub.d/, the configuration
file /etc/default/grub and then:

# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cgf
# grub-install

Have Fun

Chris
_______________________________________________
MLUG-list mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.org.mt/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mlug-list

Reply via email to