Thanks for the update ( even if the class names are not orthogonal to
invoke dynamic)

Two questions on usage

In your blog you used MH_GETSTATIC  to access the bootstrap.  Did you mean
to use MH_INVOKESTATIC ?

I would like to use a bootstrap signature of:  ( no trailing arguments)

        static ConstantCallSite bootStrapConstant(MethodHandles.Lookup
callerLookup, String template, MethodType type)

But I can't figure out how to invoke that in ASM.  My current code is:

       bsmType = java.lang.invoke.MethodType.methodType(ConstantCallSite.
class, Lookup.class, String.class, java.lang.invoke.MethodType.class,
Object.class);;
       mv.visitInvokeDynamicInsn( bsmName, "()Lri/core/rtalk/RtObject;",
          new MethodHandle(Opcodes.MH_INVOKESTATIC,
              "ri/core/rtalk/RtCallSite",
                  "bootStrapConstant",
                  bsmType.toMethodDescriptorString()),
          (Object[]) new String[1]);

How would I change it for the above bootstrap?

thanks much

mark