Hi Stepan,

Just as a sidenote, implementing Fixnums in HotSpot feels almost like
reviving the "real oops" that was in Strongtalk [1].

For HotSpot internals, the wiki [2] should be a good starting point.

As for the server compiler, you'd need to read a few papers to get up to
speed. [3] is the first to read.

Regards,
Kris Mok

[1]: http://www.strongtalk.org/