At 5:13 PM +0400 3/5/12, Anthony Petrov wrote:
>Hi Stephen,
>
>On 03/04/12 10:49, Stephen Bannasch wrote:
>>The only failure I've seen so far is trying to run Swing but that
>>probably doesn't have anything to do with the MLVM patches.
>>
>>*** testing Swing: running SwingSet2.jar:
>>
>>./build/macosx-amd64/j2sdk-bundle/1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar
>>/Developer/Extras/Java/JFC/SwingSet2/SwingSet2.jar
>>

>>Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
>>at
>>sun.java2d.HeadlessGraphicsEnvironment.getDefaultScreenDevice(HeadlessGraphicsEnvironment.java:77)
>>
>>at SwingSet2.main(SwingSet2.java:251)
>>
>>Running SwingSet2.jar works fine on my 10.6.8 system using a build of
>>jdk7u-dev from a couple of days ago.
>
>Are you running it on a local console or over an ssh connection?

In a local console

>If you roll back your patch, build a vanilla OpenJDK 8, and run SwingSet the
>same way on the same machine with it, will it throw the exception?

John Rose integrated Michael's webrev for integrating macosx-port intoi jdk8
into a patch that applies to hsx/hotspot-comp (along with the other MLVM
patches).

When I looked into how to apply  Michael's webrev to jdk8/tl I couldn't see any
easy way to download and apply the webrev.I can't scp the webrev. I couldn't
find any instructions for how to download and apply a webrev for an
"anonymous"user.

FYI: I do have a working account on http://java.net -- I thought this used to
be integrated into the openjdk ecosystem but apparently it isn't.