On May 8, 2012, at 2:11 AM, Garcia Gutierrez Miguel Alfredo wrote:

> What's the behavior of @ForceInlining , in particular for
> MethodHandle.invokeExact() ?

We introduced that annotation as an experiment for inlining exact invokers for
LambdaForms (note:  LambdaForm is not directly related to Project Lambda).  The
generated bytecode versions of these LFs are usually just argument shuffling or
binding and calling the target.  We know that this code compiles down to almost
nothing in native machine code and that's why we force them to inline.

The ForceInline annotation is a powerful tool which may produce bad results in
the hands of costumers.  Currently we don't hide it completely from users but
that might happen in the future.

-- Chris