On 07/05/2012 10:42 PM, Jim Laskey wrote:
> Fairly common patterns like
>
> var p =  {
>   fontsize: 15,
>   lineheight: 22,
>   color: 0x000,
>   fontfamily: "Georgia, FreeSerif, Times, serif"
> };
>
> p.color = "white";
>
> We need flexible slots without allocating 2x memory.
>
> For "for like" constructs we typically use static analysis to reduce
> to integer.

Not having such kind of analysis is almost a crime.

Jim, do you have a paper explaining the static analysis you use,
I have some trouble to keep mine linear.

> With TaggedArray slots for frames we could use integer dynamically.

yes, but performance will be awful (ok, better than using boxing but 2x
or 3x slower
than C or Java) if you don't have any kind of type propagation.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Jim

cheers,
Rémi