On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Christian Thalinger
<christian.thalin...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I just fixed a problem that explains a lot of these intermittent failures
> (which I'm about to push after some sanity testing).  And Charlie applied
> the xbmh patch which might explain some of the performance problems (just a
> wild guess).

Still waiting on Christian's additional patch, but removing xbmh did
not appear to help anything. Rebuilt, ran fib, and...

system ~/projects/jruby $ jruby bench/bench_fib_recursive.rb 10 35
LambdaForm$BMH:-1:in `reinvoke': java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.jruby.MetaClass cannot be cast to
java.lang.invoke.BoundMethodHandle$Multiple
        from LambdaForm$DMH:-1:in `invokeStatic'
        from LambdaForm$BMH:-1:in `reinvoke'
        from LambdaForm$MH:-1:in `guard'
        from LambdaForm$DMH:-1:in `invokeSpecial'
        from LambdaForm$MH:-1:in `guard'
        from LambdaForm$MH:-1:in `linkToCallSite'

None of these exceptions really make sense.

- Charlie