Hi all,

I just noticed something interesting. I had a small program that
constantly failed with the famous NoClassDefFoundError, that is still
such an major annoyance, even in jdk7u11. I tried out jdk8b78 and the
program failed to start as well. But this time because I tried to lookup
a virtual method on an interface that does not have that method. In all
cases of this handle being called later the method exists in the end,
but at the Lookup it did not - still jdk7 did not complain. I assume
strongly this is a bug in jdk7

Now the fun part is: once I fixed those two problems, the very same
program under the very same jdk7u11 did no longer fail with the class
exception. It could be that by chance the conditions for the problem
have changed enough to not appear again anymore... or there is something
leaking from those LOOKUP.findVirtual calls, leading to that famous error.

Is this known?

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou - Groovy Project Tech Lead
german groovy discussion newsgroup: de.comp.lang.misc