=== CALL FOR SPEAKERS -- JVM LANGUAGE SUMMIT, July 2014 ===

Dear colleague;

We are pleased to announce the 2014 JVM Language Summit to be held at Oracle's Santa Clara campus on July 28-30, 2014. Registration is now open for speaker submissions (presentations and workshops) and will remain open until May 16, 2014. There is no registration fee for speakers. General attendee registration will open on May 7. For Oracle employees who wish to register as general attendees, please contact the organizers at inqu...@jvmlangsummit.com.

The JVM Language Summit is an open technical collaboration among language designers, compiler writers, tool builders, runtime engineers, and VM architects. We will share our experiences as creators of programming languages for the JVM and of the JVM itself. We also welcome non-JVM developers on similar technologies to attend or speak on their runtime, VM, or language of choice.

The format this year will be similar to previous years; we've divided the schedule equally between traditional presentations and "Workshops". Workshops are informal, facilitated discussion groups among smaller, self-selected participants, and should enable "deeper dives" into the subject matter. If there is interest, there will also be impromptu "lightning talks".

We encourage speakers to submit both a presentation and a workshop; we will arrange to schedule the presentation before the workshop, so that the presentation can spark people's interest and the workshop will allow those who are really interested to go deeper into the subject area. Workshop facilitators may, but are not expected to, prepare presentation materials, but they should come prepared to guide a deep technical discussion.

The Summit is being organized by language and JVM engineers; no marketers involved! So bring your slide rules and be prepared for some seriously geeky discussions.

Speaker registration is now open at:

    http://registration.jvmlangsummit.com

If you have any questions, send inquiries to inqu...@jvmlangsummit.com.

We hope to see you in July!