Paul,

thanks for your review. I'll take care about this change, since Konstantin is on vacation.

updated webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/kshefov/8057719/webrev.00/

please see inline answers.

Igor

On 09/11/2014 05:12 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

On Sep 5, 2014, at 7:52 PM, Konstantin Shefov <konstantin.she...@oracle.com>
wrote:

Hello,

Please review the new tests for the feature "Lambda Form Reduction and Caching"

JBS task: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8057719

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kshefov/8057719/webrev.00/

These tests also depend on testlibrary change:
Webrev of the testlib change:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kshefov/8057707/webrev.00/

Generally looks good. It would be interesting see code-coverage results.

Are you sure the LFMultiThreadCachingTest is sufficiently testing the
thread-safety of j.l.invoke classes? It might be that more threads need to be
generated (== #cores), and the test repeatedly performed in a loop to increase
the chance of stuff stomping on each other. (I see you have iterations in the
outer loop of runTests, that might be sufficient, but you might need a tighter
loop specific to each test in LFMultiThreadCachingTest).

good point, I updated LFMultiThreadCachingTest to use more threads, however I doubt that we need to add a loop. Writing additional MT-stress tests, which can provide more confidence on thread-safety, is out of the scope of JDK-8057719.

A general comment, feel free to ignore. It's easy to use EnumSet to obtain a
collection of enum values:

   Set<TestMethods> tms = EnumSet.allOf(TestMethods.class)

and filtered:

   Set<TestMethods> tms = EnumSet.complementOf(EnumSet.of(TestMethods.IDENTITY,
TestMethods.CONSTANT))

(Quite concise with a static import.)

Change LambdaFormTestCase.runTests to accept a Collection<TestMethods> and you
are good to go :-)
done

Paul.