> On Oct 29, 2014, at 9:39 AM, MacGregor, Duncan (GE Energy Management)
> <duncan.macgre...@ge.com> wrote:
>
> When we’ve tried to debug some of our Java core in the context of running a
> large application we’ve been seeing long pauses (sometime very long pauses of
> over a minute) due to java.lang.invoke.MemberName$Factory.resolve()
> apparently taking ages to complete.

Over a minute?!?  What is the JVM doing during this time?  Class loading?
Garbage collection?

The only thing that comes to mind is that methods with breakpoints are not
compiled but interpreted.  But even if you had a lot of breakpoints in core
methods I don’t see how that would explain pauses of over a minute.