Greetings community members!

I am coordinator for the JFokus VM Tech Day at the JFokus conference in
February 2016. This is the second year running we have this event, and it was a
great success last year. This year we have received significantly more
contributions, and the hardest part was sifting through all quality material
that we were given.

We are in the process of finalizing the speaker list, but 5 out of 6 slots are
now filled and the current agenda looks like this:
https://www.jfokus.se/jfokus/jvmtech.jsp

This year, Brian Goetz, Java Language Architect from Oracle opens the tech day,
and talks about project Valhalla and how the OpenJDK is getting there.

Brian is followed by Charlie Gracie, IBM, who will cover what is some of the
most exciting news in the runtime world for a very long time: The open sourcing
of the J9 JVM and its APIs, and example applications in the dynamic language
space.

We are also proud (as always) to host the formidable Mr. Aleksey Shipilev,
performance czar extraordinare, always balancing on the fine line between
brilliant and crazy. Aleksey's presentation is about String compaction, and
String optimisations with invokedynamic in Java 9. Hopefully we have room for
him at the ordinary JFokus conference as well, as the man spouts excellent tech
presentations like a fountain.

Charlie Nutter also joins us to discuss JRuby 9000, which was released this
summer, and about using the JVM as a platform for multi language development.

Paul Sandoz, a man who can do anything from REST services down to bare silicone
magic in his job, will tell us about how VarHandles are implemented in the JVM,
performance aspects and why no one should miss sun.misc.Unsafe.

Our sixth and final speaker slot is being allocated real soon now. Watch this
space.

As usual there is time allocated for breakout sessions, improvised unscheduled
lightning talks and discussions / Q&A.

Join the best VM internals conference initiative since JVMLS, and the first of
its kind in the old world.

Regards
Marcus Lagergren