D’oh! Yes, it’s perfectly usable for my purposes with just one level of
indirection, I can always invalidate the whole PIC. :-)

In fact, I’ve pretty much got this code lying around already, it just
needs the annotations slapped on it, and it’s already thread safe. Doubt
I’ll have time to really experiment with it this week though, few too many
other things to get done before JVMLS.

Duncan.