Go to the preference section of Mnemosyne and pick a font which can dispay
kangi.

Peter

On Friday 27 February 2009 08:46:34 the highwayman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Certain kanji show up as squares when using Mnemosyne 1.1 on Ubuntu
> Linux 8.10. One example is 満ちる or the second character in 書斎. I have
> tried reinstalling but the problem persists. These kanji appear
> correctly in all other programs - it appears the problem occurs only
> with Mnemosyne. Incidentally, the problem does not occur when running
> Mnemosyne on Windows.

Peter Bienstman
Ghent University, Dept. of Information Technology
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
tel: +32 9 264 34 46, fax: +32 9 264 35 93
WWW: http://photonics.intec.UGent.be
email: peter.bienst...@ugent.be