"To make the mining process run quickly, I used an awesome feature of Anki. When you click the
Add Audio button while making an Anki flashcard (or, even faster, push F4, if you're a PC user), it
looks like you must choose a file from your computer, but you don't actually have to do that.
Instead, you can copy the URL for a file on the internet. That makes the whole process very quick.
I resized the Firefox window so I could click between it and the Anki window without hiding either.
Then, it was a matter of right-clicking an audio link, choosing "Copy Link Location",
switching into Anki, typing the word on the question side, tabbing into the answer side, pressing
F4, and copying the URL. The way Anki handles this is it automatically downloads the audio file
into its own temporary folder. Basically taking all the annoying paperwork out of your hands and
automating it. YES!"

http://www.glowingfaceman.com/2008/12/french-revolution-day-11.html

--
gwern