Local IP should be the IP address of your server on your home network,
typically something like 192.168.1.xxx. If you're on Windows, open a
command prompt and type ipconfig and look for the correct IPv4
address.

I'm guessing start and end point refer to the ranges of ports. By
default, Mnemosyne uses port 8512 (you can see that in Mnemosyne's
configuration window), so a range like 8512-8513 both internal and
external should be OK then.

For protocol, I'd start with UDP, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps,

Peterl