Also I am too unfamiliar with macos to see if homebrew is needed. based
from the tutorials i've seen, it is preferred but it is not necessary. As
to whether the pip command, even with the --extra-index-url flag, using the
official build from the python website, will work... remains to be tested.
It think with the --extra-index-url flag it should.