> On Jan 7, 2015, at 3:12 PM, Jsparrow <registo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm using the CBLite .NET package and I noticed that after creating the
> database, I can use an sqlite browser to simply open the .cblite file and see
> the contents of the database. Is there a way to set a username and password
> and make it so that the database can only be opened with those ?

You mean you want to encrypt the database file? There's a fork of SQLite called
SQLCipher that does encryption, although using it with Couchbase Lite requires
some small modifications to CBL that haven't been made on the .NET side yet.

The drawback of this is that the user will have to type in a password every
time they launch your app, which is annoying. (What platform is your app for?)

—Jens