Objective-C also makes use of a builder of sorts
(https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-lite-ios/blob/feature/2.0/Objective-C/CBLReplicatorConfiguration.h#L154-L183)

Yes, the builder is the only current way to do it, but debate has arisen
again internally as pointed out above.  However, we have very little room
left to make more changes to the API and so there will be at maximum one
more round of only minor changes.  We'll take into account this feedback.