Great! A question, mostly out of personal interest: Will there be an
APK version available at
https://releases.wikimedia.org/mobile/android/wikipedia/betas/ ? It
currently only offers wikipedia-2.0-beta7.apk from June 12.

(And in general, would it be right to assume that
https://releases.wikimedia.org/mobile/android/wikipedia/ is a good
stable link that one can point people to for the last available APK,
for either the alpha, beta or - after June 25 - stable releases?)

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Bernd Sitzmann
<bsitzm...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Today's alpha/beta update of Wikipedia Android app brings you these changes:
> - Edit workflow simplified
> - Updated Table of Contents icon (not blurry anymore)
> - Bring back bookmarks as saved pages [1]
> - Not stopping playback of music when leaving a page anymore
> - Fixed character set issues in pages (in some lists
> - Hide keyboard when prev/next buttons in Find in Page are clicked
> - Fix crash in RightToLeft languages when Table of Contents icon was clicked
>
> [1] For alpha/beta, the bookmarks were not visible for a release or two
> since we changed a database table name. Now there is a migration step from
> the bookmarks table to the savedpages table. This is unrelated to
> yesterday's change importing saved pages from the old PhoneGap app to saved
> pages of the new native app.
>
> Enjoy!
> Bernd
>

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Dan Garry <dga...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 17 June 2014 17:30, Dmitry Brant <dbr...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> * Saving of pages for offline reading (complete with images!)
>>

>> Complete with importing of saved pages from the old Phonegap app, so if
>> you're upgrading then you don't need to write down your list of saved pages
>> and save them again! :-)
>>
>> However, the content of the saved pages themselves is not imported.
>> Although it remembers what you've saved, you'll need to refresh the content
>> to actually be able to view it offline. We're working on adding an "Update
>> all" button to the top of the saved pages interface to make that easier for
>> the future.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> --
>> Dan Garry
>> Associate Product Manager for Platform and Mobile Apps
>> Wikimedia Foundation

Tilman Bayer
Senior Operations Analyst (Movement Communications)
Wikimedia Foundation
IRC (Freenode): HaeB