Data:
http://mobile-reportcard.wmflabs.org/graphs/ui-daily

After home, the random menu item is the most clicked button.
I remember analysing the data once and seeing that one user hit random
100 times in a day.

I agree however that it is technical. It would be good to rebrand this
to make it more friendly.

Personally I'd love to see us combine nearby, random into some kind of
explore feature. We can do so much better than a button that just
takes you to a random page.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amir E. Aharoni, 17/09/2014 10:05:
>> WAT.
>>
>> Are these millions and millions of real people clicking Random article
>> all the time? Not search engines or bots or something?
>
> I have no reason to believe it's an especially inflated number:
> Special:Random is the most common tool for curious users in search of
> something to read or edit, together with watchlist (which anons don't
> have) and recent changes. Disbelievers can do some appreciated
> additional research though. :-)
>

>> Do taps on Random article in the apps count as hits to Special:Random?
>
> Not for stats.grok.se, for sure.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Killiondude/stats#What_about_mobile.3F
>
> Nemo

Jon Robson