On 8 December 2014 at 12:52, Derk-Jan Hartman <d.j.hart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Welcome to the problem of 'there is no structured metadata for files' :)
>
> This is a garbage in, garbage out problem and probably when you start
> filtering you will break attribution requirements (more than the community
> will appreciate).

I figured. :-(

So, given that we can't do anything meaningful with the HTML in a native
app, that means we only have three options:

   - Display the raw HTML directly to the user
   - Try to parse the HTML for interesting information and update the
   relevant view's properties using native code
   - Strip any and all HTML tags that are given to us in the JSON

The first two aren't sounding workable at all to me; the first is
unworkable from a product standpoint, and the second is an absolutely
gigantic can of worms. So I guess we'll be stripping the HTML until such
time that this is fixed. :-)

Thanks,
Dan

--