Related to that, one consideration is use of a production domain in the
typical production IP address range used by operators supporting
destination IP address-based zero-rating ("IP whitelisting") for Wikipedia
Zero users.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Zero/IP_Addresses *

-Adam

* By the way, looking at that page, it occurred to me that
rest.wikimedia.org will need to be added to the regex for WAP gateways
(*not* to be confused with WAP markup, which isn't supported by our
servers, but may in theory be provided via a transformation layer...or
not...to end users). I'll open a separate thread to the Partnerships team
about the domain name piece.