Moving this discussion to mobile-l. Ori, are you on mobile-l?

Let's also be mindful to model (client side or router rate limiting is
easiest) realistic connection scenarios (i.e., 2G and 3G and clogged wifi
connections). Shaving off 3-4 seconds on fast connections makes a world of
difference, and so does shaving off 10-15 seconds on slow ones, for getting
the user to be able to interact with the page.

-Adam