On 31 August 2015 at 15:01, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does "ceasing active support" include ceasing security updates, or will
> those continue to be provided to legacy app users?

To quote Stephen's email, "This will be the final planned legacy device
release. Allowances will be made to enable back support patches of critical
issues."

However, "security updates" are not really a thing for our Android app
because of the technology stack it's built on and the fact that it's a
totally separate entity from MediaWiki, only interacting via the API. Any
issues with MediaWiki would be fixed in MediaWiki, not the app. We've never
released a security update for the Android app in the past, and it is
highly unlikely that it would ever be necessary in the future.

Dan

--
Dan Garry
Lead Product Manager, Discovery