On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Stephen Niedzielski, 29/09/2015 02:54:
>
>> * Completely reworked Nearby screen! View the locations of nearby
>>    Wikipedia articles overlaid onto an *interactive map*. Explore
>> Wikipedia
>>    articles near your current location, or pan & zoom the map to explore
>>    articles in any other part of the world
>>

> Be careful in advertising this cross-language: GeoData in many wikis lacks
> most (or any) data, because it's not using Wikidata.
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T35704
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T110017
>
> These bugs don't look too hard, can we hope them to be fixed as part of
> this renewed interest in Nearby? It's nice for the map to be prettier but
> it's sure better if it first contains something. :)

Adding Wikibase / Wikidata integration with GeoData (and PageImages) is
something I am currently working on.

Initially, we want to get Special:Nearby to work on Wikidata and then see
about having that data also used in the client wikis, as needed.

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T112531 (and the tasks you link)

Cheers,
Katie

@wikimediadc / @wikidata