Hi,

I'm building the ToC entries from Parsoid HTML content. Another part which
caused some struggle is building the correct anchors for the section
headings.

First I thought I could just use the id attributes in the heading tags
Parsoid provides[2].

Example from [1]:
<h2 id="mwCA">Template truncation</h2>

But then I thought about links to specific sections. Those would not use
the same ids Parsoid generates.[3] They would use the anchorencoded tocline
strings.[4]

Since I have not found an npm module which does anchorencoding in
JavaScript I wrote a small library function to do the same. It uses the
phpjs npm module to take into account the PHP specific way URLencoding is
done. Would you mind checking the anchorencode.js
file and the associate test file anchorencode-test.js in my patch[5]?

If there is a JS implementation of this I'd be happy to hear about that, of
course.

Thanks,
Bernd

[1] https://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_edit_links_bug2