Hi,

On 03/10/2016 06:19 PM, Joshua Minor wrote:
> This morning the 5.0.0 update to the Wikipedia Mobile iOS app went live
> on the App Store[1]. As previously described on list[2], and on wiki[3],
> this is a major overhaul to the app, focusing on making a great
> browsing, search and reading experience for app users.

I just turned on my old iPhone for the first time in 2 months to try it
out. I loved the opt-*in* to usage reports question when opening it for
the first time, and I hope that the Android app will implement something
similar soon. :)

One question, how does the "Because you read $article" feature work? How
much (if any) of my browsing history is being sent to our servers?

> This was truly a team effort by the WMF iOS team, and many other staff
> (particular thanks to Communications, Research and Analytics). And of
> course thanks again to our code contributors, translators and beta testers.

Kudos!

-- Legoktm