At last month's Wikimania conference there were two sessions of particular
interest to this list:

1. "Adapting for Mobile Consumption"
<https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_digest/Adapting_for_Mobile_Consumption>,
a presentation by Jon Katz with Nirzar Pangarkar, from the WMF Reading
team. In Jon's words, the talk is an introduction for editors to the
challenges we face together as we adapt our projects for mobile, with a
heavy focus on reading. A video recording
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u0Upq5dGcs> is now available (including
an extensive Q&A), along with the presentation slides
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vi3JEML9zEzZPLIdEH9qJp7Uu5l5EyjtUM4e-jUAgwI/edit?usp=sharing>
.

2. A separate discussion session took place on the day before, titled "Going
mobile and keeping editing: needs and challenges to edit Wikipedia from
mobile devices"
<https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Discussions/Mobile> (which the
organizers based partly on our session proposal
<https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Discussions/Submissions/Half_of_our_readers_are_mobile_now._What_does_this_mean_for_editing_Wikipedia%3F>
). It saw quite lively participation; notes are at
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Wikimania2016-discussion3c . One aspect I
found interesting (but which probably won't come as a surprise to any
community liaisons reading along) is that Phabricator still seems foreign
territory to many community members: During the session, I and other people
posted links to various existing Phabricator tasks related to the
suggestions/concerns that were being brought up; but as far I can see those
tickets didn't receive any comments or subscriptions subsequently.

--
Tilman Bayer
Senior Analyst