Hi Amir -

I can't speak to the specifics of the edit button but we are investigating
mobile editing in the app along with the collaboration team this quarter[1]
for wikidata descriptions.

This will include work on some fundamental issues (notifications for one)
that will (hopefully) open the door to more mobile editing functionality in
the app.

-Toby

[1]
https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/2016-17_Q2_Goals#Reading