(sorry for cross-posting, people, but such is life)

Wikimedia CH is looking for a HTML/Node.js/JavaScript/CSS contractor to help
with Kiwix, the offline Wikipedia reader

The Kiwix project (http://code.kiwix.org/ <http://code.kiwix.org/>,
http://www.kiwix.org <http://www.kiwix.org/>) is an offline reader for web
content. Contents are stored into a local ZIM file that can be browsed later on.

Although Kiwix' main use is that of an offline Wikipedia reader, it also
supports other kinds of content (other Wikimedia projects, Stackoverflow, TED
talks, etc.)

The ZIM archive we currently generate from Wikimedia dumps is not very
mobile-friendly. We need someone to modify the scrapper
(https://github.com/kiwix/mwoffliner <https://github.com/kiwix/mwoffliner> in
Node.js) so as subsequently to improve/preprocess the html/css/js content.A
list of task can be found here:
* https://github.com/kiwix/mwoffliner <https://github.com/kiwix/mwoffliner>
* https://github.com/kiwix/kiwix/labels/be-mobile
<https://github.com/kiwix/kiwix/labels/be-mobile>

This is a free (as in free speech) project, so a bit of experience with
interacting with a community would be a plus. But any one can join.

If you're interested, if you know anyone that could be interested, please send
an email to
Emmanuel Engelhart <emmanuel.engelh...@wikimedia.ch
<mailto:emmanuel.engelh...@wikimedia.ch>> and
Matthieu Gautier <mgaut...@kymeria.fr <mailto:mgaut...@kymeria.fr>>