Hello mobile Wikimedians,

The WMF iOS app team just pushed an updated beta to our TestFlight channel.

In this beta, we have altered the criteria for when an "In the news" item
should trigger a notification. In our modeling over the summer we expected
our notability criteria[1] to result in 3-5 notifications a week for
English users. However, since the last beta, no items have met the
criteria. By adding to the criteria we hope this will result in slightly
increased rate of notification (like more than 0) without being overly
push-y.

Also added in this update:
 - Updated presentation of citations across tablets and phones
 - Saved articles update character based on current Chinese language setting
 - Fixed crashes for iPad Air 2 and Explore feed loading
 - Other small bug fixes and improvements

Thanks for all your testing and feedback,
Josh Minor
PM, Wikipedia app for iOS

[1] - Basically, that an item be on the Wikipedia's Main page, and the
linked articles have sufficient recent page views to be considered
'trending' in that language. See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T143050
for the gory details.