Hi all,

Hope you have been well! We have just released v4.0 of the Commons Android
app to production on Google Play - this version includes tons of new
features (a map displaying nearby Commons pictures, custom SPARQL queries,
user profiles, and a custom picture selector), as well as fixes for major
bugs such as the "date uploaded" bug. The app can be downloaded from the
Play Store[1] or directly from our GitHub repository[2].

I should probably also add that this will likely be my last release - I am
currently transitioning to a new career, and will be stepping down from the
role of project lead, which I have held for the past 6 years. I intend to
stick around on a volunteer basis, but the amount of time that I can put
into the app from now on will be much more limited. I have discussed this
with the app's community, and I believe that a new grant team might be
emerging, and one of the volunteers might step up to take on the project
lead role.

Thank you very much for the support that you have all shown to the Commons
app over the years. It was an honor and a pleasure to work with all of you
- I have learned so much and met so many amazing people in the Wikimedia
community, and I certainly hope to continue being part of it. I also hope
that the app and the community surrounding it may have benefited from my
work here, and that the new team will be able to bring it to places that I
might not have ever foreseen.

Best regards,
Josephine (User: Misaochan)

[1] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.free.nrw.commons