thanks for that would try. really don't know about quick launch
feature would take a look on it.

1. would the quick launch feature work on the full touch phones also?
if so what would be the default key there.

2. had anyone tried the Samsung galaxy s duos with ICS on it? if so
can anyone give a feedback on its accessibility?

On 11/25/12, Aruni Sharma <arunisha...@me.com> wrote:
> 1 till 2.3 at least the problem of inaccessible ikons does exist. no doubt
> about that. However, I prefer using the "quick launch" feature under
> application settings where you can define at least 27 shortcuts for apps and
> can activate these apps by pressing the search key in conjunction with
> letters A to Z and the zero key. this is definitely the fastest way of
> opening the apps. 5512 thankfully has this search key as a dedicated
> hardware button. one can also use eyes-free shell for various purposes i.e
> opening apps, using calling shortcuts, opening different settings menus,
> toggling various features like bluetooth, wifi etc.
>  2 for disconnecting calls you can enable the option under the accessibility
> settings. the lock key can then be used for disconnecting calls.  you can
> also use apps like shakeCall for managing calling functions.  3. see point
> no. 1
> 4. no need to use samsung apps as there are better alternatives available.
>
> non-customized versions are definitely preferable, but nexus is beyond most
> people's reach. another handset micromax super canvas 2 a110 has stock
> version but no report so far about the performance of micromax.
>

> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Nov 25, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Srikanth Kanuri <srili...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi, the optical movement is fine but i find the following disadvantages,
>>
>> 1. i couldn't access the parts of the home screen, the apps like phone
>> Etc. could be accessed only from home screen only. is there any
>> alternative please let me know on this. many Icons on home screen are
>> not accessible and talk back reports blank in many circumstances.
>>
>> 2. i couldn't find a way to end call using talk back. this could be
>> possible as far as my knowledge is concerned only through touch
>> interface and talk back couldn't be used with touch in version 2.3.
>>
>> 3. even in menu, while navigating through apps talk back often reports
>> blank and unlabeled apps.
>>

>> 4. many native apps of Samsung are clearly inaccessible.
>>
>> as you are aware, the problem with customizations had been that, many
>> parts of phone are becoming inaccessible. yes all major companies are
>> customizing the native Android but i prefer phones like Nexus versions
>> for faster updates and better performance though there exists no
>> physical navigation.
>>
>> these are my findings only and others may have different experience.
>> please update me if i am wrong.
>>
>> On 11/25/12, Aruni Sharma <arunisha...@me.com> wrote:
>>> Actually, there are couple of my friends who are very satisfied with
>>> this
>>> phone. One has to get used to the optical dPad. As far as customisation