Is it due to signal issues?
Because, as you said you are noticing this issue while the set is
inside the pocket and not while using.
Not sure of Samsung handsets, but noticed same problem on MM's
handsets due to preenabled automatic network searching option.

"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds"
Francis Bacon

With kind regards:
Prashanth MN
Mobile: #9480555815