I wonder if anyone has first hand experience of using  keypad case or
blutooth headset and keypad combo for iphone or andoid.

Given that visually impaired have difficulty in typing on the touch screen,
it will be great if we can either identify a QWERT keypad which can fit on
top of touch screen or a secondary device which has a keypad and also allows
calling.

There are a few such examples on the internet.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/technology/gadgets-updates/keypad-cover-makes-
iphone-a-blackberry-clone-faces-suit-for-copying/article1-1171047.aspx

http://www.boxwave.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-cases-and-covers/keyboard-buddy-sam
sung-galaxy-s3-case/bwpdd/pkz-zvvm/

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/BT-03-Mini-bluetooth-stereo-headset-
with-keypad-for-MID-iPad-Apple-iPhone-and-Galaxy-Tab/904106_439221272.html

http://www.mytopsky.cn/product.php?id=29

http://www.mobimega.com/xero-xbs-08-bluetooth-headset-with-keypad.html

http://www.mydigitallife.info/bluetooth-headset-with-keypad-dialing-capabili
ty/