Thank you Salim sir for clearing this doubt.
i dont have any first hand experience with android 4.3 or above.
and with the older versions the default sound is the US one which is a
female voice,
and you can change it to UK english which comes in a male voice.
and however if it is updated the male voice will not be available,
the update will have to be uninstalled in order to get the male voice back.