Hi, the native map application is no good for India as far as I have experienced for my city. Some of your issues may be answered by google maps which provides voice guidance alongwith many other map functionalities like searching and saving places. However, I am also looking for an app which will allow saving of landmarks, those which are not there in google maps. I find that iPhone not being customised for India, has limited gps utility for us. Had google maps not been there on IOS, we would not have any gps functions available for us in this country.