From: Mobile.accessindia [mailto:mobile.accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in]
On Behalf Of Vikas Kapoor
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:46 PM
To: Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobilephones and
Tabs.
Subject: Re: [Mobile.AI] Android one queries

My answers are inlines:
Friends
I am here with my brand new micromax canvas A1 with android one.

The phone is surely responsive, good and accessible prima facie.
It is surely a good buy at present.
Now, few beginner queries:
1. In messaging while composing, after searching a contact, list displayed
is not reabable.
It says list with zero items.
While in people it is readable.
What is the way out?
Answer: Just before the list of zero item that you are indicating, there
might be an edit box, type some initial letters and touch your finger on the
upper part of the screen, you'll get some names with phone numbers, double
click on the desired name/number and that will get typed in your "to" field.
You can repeat the process for as many name as you might want to add.

2. Should I use an anti virus if I remain connected most of the time?
If so, which is the good one?
answer: For last 16 months, I've been using my phone without any anti virus
and most of the times it remains connected over WiFi. Afterall, that would
depend upon what type of usage you have and what type of sites you generally
visit.
3. Guidance on optimum use of OK google, please?
Answer: I don't seem to having this feature on my phone, maybe it's there
with some different name.
4. In voice recognition settings I read, for off line use, downloaded
languages.
How to download languages for voice recognition?
Answer: I can explain the method how to download the recognition languages,
but before I try to spell out, let me tell you 2 important facts which might
change you perception of downlading languages for offline use;
1. US english is already installed on your system for offline use.
2. The Indian english, which we require the most for our daily useage, is
not available for offline use till date. Now, tell me do you still want to
know the procedure?
More afterwards.
Sure, Thanks.
Do revert, please...

Vikas Kapoor,
Mobile: (+91) 9891098137, 9013354994
Skype Id: dl_vikas

With thanks and regards

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager
Market Intelligence Unit
Reserve Bank of India
Nagpur

Tel.: 0712 2806358
(In youth you want things, and then in middle-age you want to want them.)

________________________________
Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information such as your bank account details,
passwords, etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not
respond in any manner to such offers, however official or attractive they
may look.

review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in
this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you
have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or
telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India accepts no liability for