Dear Mujtaba,

That is exactly why I wanted to mute some announcements.  It is very
irritating during nights when the phone makes announcements.  And the
issue is more disturbing when we share the room with a family member
or friend.  And the situation is no different in a meeting in a closed
room.  We must figure out a way to avoid this trouble.  I think one
way is to mute voice over in such situations.  But there must be some
other way.

On 11/21/14, Mister CANE <mujta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Vamsi;
>
> You cannot control the reading of messages from your carrier. Like call
> cost
> messages and internet usage ones. I figured out that everytime the
> connection to the 3G network is lost the damn message is read out.
>
> However, you can control the way your SMS alerts are read out. Go to
> settings; Notifications; Under messages switch off all options except sound
> and show on locked screen. I am not sure of the latter, switch it off if it
> still reads your SMS message,  but the objective is to have only the chime
> played each time you receive a message. I assume that this is what you
> want.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Mujtaba Merchant
> Bangalore, India
> "Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going." ~ Jim
> Rohn

G. Vamshi
Mobile: +91 9949349497
Skype: gvamshi81