Between the Moto G and E, I would suggest the G. A camera with a flash
may not appear to be the most decisive aspect of a purchase for a
visually impaired person in many people's view. However, OCR
technology and other photo recognition related aspects are improving,
and one can't keep buying a smartphone in every 2 months in usual
circumstances. Twin speakers and processor advantages make the G a
better call than the E in my view. However, as many have pointed out,
the Motorola Moto devices are reported to have a serious issue of
audio cutoffs on the latest Android. There also are reports that the
issue is fixed in the latest update of LP that is getting released
soon. Depending on which part of India you are based in, the 4g factor
should also figure in your decision I feel. Many network providers
have started the process of making available 4g services in select
Indian cities......
In addition to apps mentioned here already, you can try out @Voice
Aloud for reading PDF and some other formats. Google Docs can be a
good document editer. My Profile is a good profile manager. Ones some
unlabeled buttons are labeled, Times of India can be handy. Although
most flight/hotel booking apps have accessibility issues, I find Clear
Trip to be the better of the lot. Likewise, Mobi Kwik is better when
it comes to mobile recharge/bill pay though there are minor
accessibility issues. Mytuner is a good radio app.
Best,

On 3/3/15, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Yes, audio cutoffs is a drawback of purchasing a Motorlla device with
> Android 5.0.
> Samsung devices do have poor specifications, and no upgrade plicy, do
> agree thats a drawback of Samsung...
> Do not go for the Motorolla G second genreration in amy case right
> now, due to audio cutoffs issue.
> You could also consider the Android One devices, which have similar
> hardware to the Moto G 2014, and are free from audio cutoffs, and are
> upgradable to Lollipop.
>
> On 3/3/15, Mohib Anwar Rafay <mohibra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But I will suggest you to wait for android 5.1 release until u buy any
>> moto device. Because you might heard that after updating to lollypop,
>> no other tts is working properly except google tts which is too slow
>> to use your handset effectively. If this issue is resolved in 5.1,
>> then its worth to purchase moto device else go for Samsung. I don't
>> know if any Samsung device is promising for lollypop except Galaxy s5
>> and its mini, but that's above 20k.
>>

>> On 3/3/15, Aaruni Sharma <aruni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello Satguru another advantage of Moto e Gen2 is that it's the latest
>>> and
>>> will surely get upgraded to android 6 whenever it becomes available
>>> later
>>> this year. Better still if Moto e LTE variant becomes available for
>>> India
>>> because it has 64 bit architecture also. I personally dislike Samsung
>>> because of poor configuration it offers and no upgrade policy for the
>>> low
>>> and medium range handsets.

Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science,
Lady Shri Ram College, Lajpat Nagar
New Delhi 110024