Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 1:29 PM
To: Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobilephonesand Tabs.
Subject: Re: [Mobile.AI] Can I play a pen-Drive on my Moto E?

What is the full form of OTG.
?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Satguru Rathi" <tarannumra...@gmail.com>
To: "Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of
mobilephonesand Tabs. " <mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 12:13 PM

Hi,

"OTG Cable" doesn't come with the phone; one has to buy it separately. At least, I didn't get one with my MotoG2 and there was only " Micro USB" cable inside the box. These cables are available easily in electronics shops ranging from RS 50-100. an "OTG Cable" is compatible with most phones which have "Micro USB" Port. Most of the newly launched phones are coming with OTG support out of the box but some like MotoG2 don't. It is surprising though, its predecessor did. For those who use MotoG2 and want to enable OTG support on their phone to use USB devices like keyboards or pendrives, please download and install "Nexes Photo Viewer" from the playstore. Once downloaded and installed, plug any USB device and it should detect that. Caution: the above mention app does work like a file manager though, it is not the ideal app for browsing files on a USB disk as I couldn't play MP3 files from pendrive with this app. So, I downloaded a few other apps and found two of them good to some extent as they too, come with adds and one has to buy their pro versions in order to remove adds. These are: USB File Manager and USB File browser. However, one should not uninstall the "Nexes Photo Viewer" and should keep it installed and should select any of the app to open the USB drive when presented with "Choose an app" dialog. Further, please do not set any default app for playing the USB disk, specially pendrive as I encountered problems after doing this and should always manually select an app from the dialog which comes after connecting a USB drive. These are results of testing an 8GB pendrive with MotoG2 with Android 5.02. Any other inputs are welcomed!

With best regards,
Satguru
"Life's battle do not always go, to the stronger or faster man. But sooner
or later the one who wins, is the one who thinks he can."

Satguru Rathi
Mobile: +91-9871489945
Email: satgurura...@yahoo.co.in